Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Ain't life busy?

Since January, I've had a very crowded schedule. I shouldn't complain because there's nothing worse than idleness! But it's been frustrating to resist entertaining some of my interests, like making music, or writing about it. In odd scraps of time I found available either late at night, between classes or while working, I've managed to write a short review each day for my other blog (365 Dry Martinis), pick up the guitar, or sing with my family. But with so little free time, I've ignored Gumshoe Arcana and most things having to do with accordions. And while I anticipate that my two jobs this summer will occupy at least 60 hours each week, I'm going to try to get back into the swing of Gumshoe Arcana, and play the box a bit more than I did this spring. Look forward to new posts, coming soon.

In the meantime, enjoy this nice photo of Edith Piaf that I found on my hard drive. I have no idea who took it, or when, or where I downloaded it. See what I mean? I've been very busy. But I like it. She is singing in that great sideways light while perched atop what looks like an old Paolo Soprani PA. I wonder which tune the photographer is hearing? In case you're wondering, my favorite Edith Piaf record is the 3 x LP En Public, more specifically the set recorded at the Olympia, 1961. But I digress. Enjoy the photo.


No comments:

Post a Comment