Saturday, September 12, 2009

A cautious introduction

My name is Christopher. I play the accordion, I work at the library, and I catalog books. I've been doing that for a long time. I'm hoping one day to earn a living by doing something that I really enjoy, like building and repairing instruments. In the meantime, I try to enrich my life and work by participating in the arts in various ways. Food, music, arts, crafts and literature are valuable to me.

I could list things that I like to do until I run out of space. But most of all, I like the details of things. I enjoy distinguishing the differences between similar events or products and comparing their relative merits. I like trying new things and then discussing how they went. I like making mistakes and learning from them. It sounds funny when the language is boiled down, but I think most people share a similar enjoyment of life's nuances.

And that's what this blog is about - reflections on the vagaries and nuances of life's finer facets, presented from the viewpoint of a seasoned amateur on the trail of understanding how it all fits together.

I call it "Gumshoe Arcana." If you have a clue, please don't hesitate to share it.

No comments:

Post a Comment